Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Verdict

We went to the 20 week appointment and the ultrasound this afternoon. Getting there was half the battle with all the construction on Greenfield and Baseline but we all made it in one piece. I was so excited I wanted to scream, but our ultrasound technician was less than enthusiastic and did not share our sentiment at all. She was all business... taking measurements and recording data. Me? I couldn't stand silence so I chatted up a storm and asked a dozen questions. Then she calmly asked, "Were you wanting to know the sex?" I didn't even have to stop to think before I blurted out, "YES! I need to know!" I even explained how my school kids and fellow teachers were all waiting for an answer. We were holding our breath as she angled around trying to find an indisputable view. Rufus, of course, didn't really know what was happening. Finally I piped up, "What are we looking at? Because I'm lost? If that's suppose to be the part it does not look boyish." The technician showed her first ounce of emotion, grinned, and confirmed that it was indeed a girl.

A foot and part of an arm.

Front view of face (eyes, nose, chin)

The girlie parts!

4 comments:

Sam and Sarah Rogers- Est. 2003- said...

I couldn't resist looking at the pictures and being the first to comment...I am so happy for you. I can't wait to make some clothes for her. Congrats you guys!

amee knudsen said...

congrats! Steve and I just saw the first picture of our niece. She is a little squirt so eat up mama she will be here before you know it!

Love Steve, Amee and Diesel.
Post more pictures we live far away and like to see how you guys are. Show us your belly!

Jenn and Kylann said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! That's awesome!! We'll definitely have to get our kids together one of these days to play. Our little boy could have a little girlfriend. :o) JK. So happy for you guys!

Kay said...

Yeah for girls! ☺ Congrats!