Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goodbye, Old Friend...

We found a vehicle on Auto Trader that peaked our interest, so this past Saturday we drove to Paradise Valley to test drive it. Surprisingly, we both felt it would be beneficial to purchase the vehicle and sell our Nissan Stanza. Sunday evening we posted the Stanza on Craigslist and by Monday evening we had cash in hand. Albert and I were both sad to see it go (I'm tearing up just thinking about it!). I'm having a hard time understanding why I am emotionally attached to this car! I know change is the only constant in our lives. However, this change makes me feel like we're saying "goodbye" to our years as a young, newly married, couple and "hello" to 30-something, debt, and parenthood. We purchased the Nissan Stanza 6 years ago at a steal of a deal; and it saw us through our remaining years at EAC, the blistering heat and monsoon season in Mesa, and the bitter cold and snow while we attended NAU. More importantly it was a constant, reliable mode of transportation while everything around us changed. May be seeing it drive down the road with its new owners made me feel like we were losing the last piece of memorabilia from our college years. Who knows! Crying over a car is just ridiculous [sniff, sniff]. Goodbye, old friend... our little silver bullet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Joe- I am sad I didn't buy your car now. Oh well I guess if I really want to we can look on craigslist:)
Don't forget Friday is cheap lunch day.